Monday, May 24, 2010

Inside my head

My pastor has this knack of getting into my head.
Like. All. The. Time!

Hubby and I have joked before that we are convinced he spends time in our home, without us knowing about it. He just seems to be speaking directly to us every Sunday morning at church. About 2 to 3 times during the service, we will glance at each other, with a look that says, "Guess, who's been listening in on our conversations again!"

Oh, I know that he's not psychic or anything, and he's definately not a stalker! He's just a man who loves God, and is faithful to wait on Him week after week, in order to bring us a message from the throne room of heaven. It's encouraging, challenging and emotional, all rolled into one!

I love that it gives me a lifeline, a rope to cling onto when I feel that I'm sinking. It helps me keep my head above water. I cannot walk away from the service unchanged, or untouched. I like that. I really do.

(Image by aftab on Flickr)

I am thankful for my pastor, and his heart after God. I am thankful that he takes the time to crawl into my head every now & then, and remind me that God loves me...in spite of myself!

No comments: