Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Celebrations

It's celebration time in the Hersey household again. This time in the form of Kellan's 9th birthday. Due to his birthday falling on a week day, we decided to celebrate on Sunday.

He chose to go to Incredible Pizza, we all had a great time. And today I made Chocolate Chip cookie dough cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache icing (yeah, I know it sounds fancy schmancy and all, but it was easy peasy!), and dropped them off at school. I had planned to join Kellan at school for lunch, with a surprise of Chick-Fil-A, but was told when I got there that parents weren't allowed to do that today due to certain Grades writing TAKS tests. I was a bit dissappointed, but managed to get Kellan's food to him anyway.
Tonight we have a small Baskin Robbins ice-cream cake for dessert.

Here are a few pics of the celebrations so far.....


As you can see, Star Wars seems to be a recurring theme here!!

Assembling all the Lego models was quite the task, and warm memories kept coming back to me about my own childhood, building houses with some friends' Lego sets.
Only the Lego sets nowadays are HUGELY high-tech!! One needs a degree in engineering to cope with some of these toys, I'll tell ya!

The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough cupcakes..........

 


And lastly, we sang and blew out the candles. All nine of them!! Happy Birthday my boy!!


1 comment:

AllAmericanGrl said...

Yummm!!! Do you still have the recipe and would be willing to share? or is it top secret? lol :)