Friday, January 22, 2010

Catching up

Yeah,yeah,yeah....once again I start my post off with apologies for my total lack of blogging ability over the last few days. Totally unacceptable, I know.......and yeah, I know y'all had sleepless nights waiting for my next exciting story... *nudge,nudge,wink,wink*

Anyways, it's been an interesting week, had some great fun with some of the Koeksister ladies, isn't it just amazing how revived and encouraged you feel after a cuppa tea and a chat with friends? It's like an instant pick-me-up. Who needs expensive and painful Vitamin B shots, when you have great friends and inexpensive beverages!

I had some discouraging news from my doc, but after a good ole dose of Meryl Streep in "It's Complicated" and some friends to enjoy it with, I felt heaps better.

Jingles, our little Daschund puppy, is fine, slightly traumatised after her last bird incident, but going strong. To update y'all, The Bird (as it's now known in our household) has been back almost every day, I didn't see it on the weekend , but it was back yesterday, sitting on it's usual high tree, scanning the surroundings vigilantly. For about 40 minutes.
Jingles is now wary of any creature of the feathered variety, and this morning went running in the house yelping once more. NOT AGAIN.....I thought, and upon looking up, saw that she had gotten scared off by a very scary looking squirrel (well, it was very scary looking to her, OBVIOUSLY!!), that was running across our back fence.

Now not ALL wildlife here in Houston are scary though, just take a look at this. A family in Texas found a malnourished baby deer, and took it in and raised it until it was old enough to go back to the wild and fend for itself. But apparently it comes back almost daily to play with the family dog!

No comments: