Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My gift that keeps on giving.

It's our 14th wedding anniversary.

And today, I have discovered that I am giving my hubby a gift that just keeps on giving! It is incredible, amazing really.....I am keeping him healthy!

Awesomeness indeed!!

You wanna know how I do it? I'll let y'all in on the secret....

I read an article this morning in the Telegraph.co.uk website that explains it all:
Beautiful women can be bad for your health, according to scientists.
Actress Angelina Jolie is regularly voted world's most beautiful woman. Meeting a beautiful woman can be bad for your health, scientists have found. Just five minutes alone with an attractive female raise the levels of cortisol, the body's stress hormone, according to a study from the University of Valencia.

The effects are heightened in men who believe that the woman in question is "out of their league".
Cortisol is produced by the body under physical or psychological stress and has been linked to heart disease. Cortisol can have a positive effect in small doses, improving alertness and well-being. However, chronically elevated cortisol levels can worsen medical conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, hypertension and impotency.
You can read the full article here.

Isn't that just grand! I can now be thankful that I look nothing like Angelina Jolie, or Halle Berry. And keep my hubby's stress levels down in the process - bonus!

Don't ya just love these obscure, random scientific research tests they keep on doing? I've some how never paid much attention to them before, but this one certainly got my attention!

So, I had to just share it all with you.......you're welcome!!

No comments: