Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Summer Holidays....yay!

smil's summer breakImage by 'smil via Flickr
YAY!!

Just over 10 days of school left for this year. I'm looking forward to sleeping a little later, no morning breakfast rush, no homework (awesomeness!!), no packed lunches to make.....you get the picture!

Coming from South Africa, where the longest school vacation we had was around 6 weeks, I am totally un-used to a 3 month summer holiday. I was at first dreading such a long break, wondering how I would keep my boys occupied without them sitting in front of the TV all day. Now, I am looking forward to making use of all 13 pools we have here in The Woodlands, doing some more exploring, and taking a trip down to the beach now and then. I have a few summer day camps lined up for the kids, which should be interesting for us all, as we don't have those much in SA either. And my mother is coming to visit from the UK for 2 months. There are also some great family summer movies coming out, which we are all looking forward to: Shrek; Furry Vengeance; Despicable Me; and Karate Kid.

So all in all, I think we'll be alright. We have Memorial day weekend coming up, and some friends are finally making the big move from the UK to Houston, and will be flying in next week.....so we are looking forward to their arrival, and showing them around the city! Good times!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to sing me some Cliff Richard's 'Summer Holiday'......

No comments: